Operations manager is a key position within a tourism organization. This position requires strong management skills and a global vision of the business’ operations. The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of an operations manager
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and control the smooth running of company operations
- Develop, implement and assess improvements contributing to productivity, quality and customer satisfaction
- Ensure the profitability of the company’s overall service offering
- Implement the company’s operational strategy
- Study competitive offers and analyzes the market
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and set objectives
- May work in all sectors of the tourism and hospitality industry, namely in hotels’ banquet and events service, tourist attractions, etc.
Qualities of an operations manager
- I have a good sense of analysis and strategy.
- I’m a good team leader and a good communicator.
- I have a strong sense of initiative and leadership.
- I’m comfortable with numbers and have a good head for business.
- I have both a solid background and experience in operational management.
- I’m always on the lookout for trends and innovations.
- I have a good capacity to handle stress.
Required experience and training
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in operations management in the tourism industry is required before being promoted to an operations manager position.
- Some organizations require a university degree for management positions.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.