The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Mandatory health insurance

  • As an international student, you must take out the ITHQ’s mandatory private insurance unless you are eligible for an exemption (see below).
  • To find out the costs associated with mandatory insurance, consult the Program fee calculator for your study program.
  • To purchase this insurance, you must pay the fees indicated in your ColNET student account.
  • Please note that this insurance offers coverage in Québec and (under certain conditions) in the country or countries where you will do your internships.

Possible exemptions

  • Some countries have a social security agreement with the Government of Québec that allows their nationals to receive benefits under the Québec health insurance plan for the duration of their studies (consult the list of signatory countries).
  • Before leaving for Québec, students who are nationals of one of the countries that have signed an agreement with Québec must obtain proof of Social Security membership before leaving their country of origin.
  • Upon arriving in Montréal, you must go to the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ) with the required proof of Social Security membership and the following documents: passport, Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) and proof of full-time registration.

Any questions?

[email protected]
514 282-5110
or toll free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5110

Get our news by email