What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming a good restaurant manager? What training is required? What level of experience is required for this position? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a restaurant manager
- Manage staff and coordinate operations in the dining room and kitchen
- Participate in the preparation of menus and wine lists
- Ensure customer satisfaction and profitability of operations
- Manage costs and supplies
- May work in an independent restaurant or in a restaurant chain
Qualities of a restaurant manager
- I’m passionate about the world of restaurant services.
- I’m a good team leader and a good communicator.
- I have a strong sense of initiative and leadership.
- I have a good capacity to handle stress.
- I’m comfortable with numbers and have a good head for business.
- I’m always on the lookout for new trends.
- I’m versatile and resourceful.
- I like to be in action and work as part of a team.
Required experience and training
- It takes between 2 and 5 years of experience in restaurant services before accessing a restaurant services management position.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.