What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming a good sales and business development manager in the tourism industry? Is training necessary? What level of experience is required for this type of position? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a sales manager
- Plan and direct activities related to the sale of products or services within a business
- Study competition offering and analyzes the market
- Identify customer needs
- Evaluate sales volumes and set prices
- Manage a sales team operating in different territories
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and set objectives
- Draw up sales volume reports
- May work in all sectors of the tourism and hospitality industry, including hotels’ banquets and events service, tourist attractions, etc.
Qualities of a sales manager
- I have a good sense of analysis and strategy.
- I’m a good team leader and a good communicator.
- I have a strong sense of initiative and leadership.
- I like working with numbers and have a good head for business.
- I’m always on the lookout for trends and innovations.
- I have a good capacity to handle stress.
Required experience and training
- You need between 4 and 8 years’ experience as a sales representative, including a few years in a management role, before becoming a sales manager.
- Some organizations require a university degree for management positions.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.