What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming a good tourism development officer? Is training necessary? What level of experience is required for this type of position? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a tourism development officer
- Analyze a region’s tourism offering with a view to ensuring its development
- Develop a tourism offer to attract as many visitors as possible
- Help local partners create new tourism products.
- Participate in the search for funding
- Collaborate on promotional campaigns
- Analyze tourism statistics to redirect strategies as needed
Qualities of a development officer
- I have a good sense of analysis and strategy.
- I’m always on the lookout for trends and innovations.
- I find it easy to structure and communicate my ideas.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I’m comfortable with numbers.
- I like team work.
- I’m resourceful and have a good sense of leadership.
Required experience and training
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the tourism industry is required before becoming a tourism development officer.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.