What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming an events, festival or convention coordinator? Is training necessary? What level of experience is required for this type of position? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of an event coordinator
- Plan and coordinate events
- Coordinate programming and related services (accommodation, transportation, catering, etc.)
- Manage staff, suppliers and sponsors
- Adhere to established budgets
- Ensure customer and participant satisfaction
- May work for an agency, a company, a hotel, a convention centre or a festival
Qualities of an events coordinator
- I enjoy being in contact with customers, anticipating their needs and creating pleasant experiences.
- I’m a good team leader and a good communicator.
- I have a strong sense of initiative and leadership.
- I’m versatile and resourceful.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I’m creative and on the lookout for new trends.
- I have a good network of contacts.
- I have a good capacity to handle stress.
- I like to be in action and work as part of a team.
Required experience and training
- You need at least 2 years’ experience in event organization before becoming an events coordinator.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you.