The Charter of the French language and its regulations govern the consultation of English-language content.

Work during and after your studies

International students are allowed to work in Québec under certain conditions.

During your studies

Working on the ITHQ campus

It is possible to work at the ITHQ (student café, hotel, restaurant) with a valid study permit and while pursuing full-time studies.

Co-op programs and internships in Québec or Canada

Internships, paid or unpaid, are an integral part of the ITHQ’s programs of study. To do an internship, you must have a Student Work Permit – Co-op and Internship Programs issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Off-campus work

Students with a Canadian study permit may work outside the ITHQ  for a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular and full-time sessions and during the holidays listed in the school calendar.

After your studies

Holders of a post-secondary or vocational (secondary) diploma of at least 8 months or 900 hours (as applicable) have the opportunity to gain Canadian work experience for up to three years. There are certain conditions for obtaining a post-graduation work permit.

Any questions?

[email protected]
514 282-5110
or toll free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5110

Get our news by email