What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming a good concierge? Is training necessary? What level of experience is required for this type of position? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a concierge
- Provide personalized information, advice and services to hotel guests
- Make reservations (show tickets, restaurant tables, limousine service, etc.)
- Occasionally organize private events and entertainment activities
- May work in hotels, but also in large businesses
Qualities of a concierge
- I enjoy being in contact with customers, anticipating their needs and creating pleasant experiences.
- I like to keep abreast of what’s new on the cultural, gastronomic and tourist scene.
- I have good communication skills.
- I have an excellent memory.
- I am patient and empathetic.
- I am bilingual or multilingual.
- I take care of my outward appearance.
- I’m resourceful and discreet.
- I have a good network of contacts.
Required experience and training
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in reception is required to qualify for a concierge position.
- Training is not a prerequisite for this position. However, the types of training offered by the ITHQ will give you access to better job opportunities and help you progress in your career faster.