Do you already have experience in the kitchen and would like to become a sous-chef? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of the sous-chef
- Assist the chef
- Lead the members of the brigade
- Help prepare dishes
- Develop new recipes
- Ensure the quality and aesthetics of dishes
- Select and order food
- Manage inventory tracking and the associated budget
Les qualités d’un sous-chef de cuisine
- I have good team leading and communication skills.
- I’m comfortable with numbers.
- I master all cooking techniques.
- I have good physical and mental stamina.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I’m versatile.
- I have a strong sense of initiative and leadership.
Expérience et formation requises
- You need between 4 and 8 years’ experience in the kitchen, including a few years in a supervisory role, before becoming a sous-chef.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.