Do you already have experience in the kitchen and would like to become a station chef? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a station chef
- Assume responsibility for a section of the kitchen
- Prepare food
- Develop new recipes
- Organize the work of the cooks
- Ensure the quality and aesthetics of dishes
- Manage inventory and selects food
Qualities of a station chef
- I’m a creative person.
- I’ve mastered all the different cooking techniques.
- I have good physical and mental stamina.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I’m a good team leader and a good communicator.
Required experience and training
- You need at least 2 years’ experience in the kitchen before becoming a station chef.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.