What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming a good cook? Is training necessary? What level of experience is required to work as a cook? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a cook
- Prepare food
- Prepare recipes according to orders
- Place the plates
- Keep their workspace and refrigerators clean, according to hygiene and food safety standards
- May hold various positions within a brigade (roaster, saucier, pantry chef, pastry cook, etc.)
Qualities of a cook
- I’m a creative person.
- I love trying out new ingredients and recipes.
- I have good physical and mental stamina.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I like team work.
- I’m not afraid of atypical working hours.
Required experience and training
- You could work part-time in this type of position during your studies or internships.
- Training is not a prerequisite for this position. However, the types of training offered by the ITHQ will give you access to better job opportunities and help you progress in your career faster.
Would you like more information?
We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the hospitality industry’s occupations and programs