Are you looking for an advanced wine training course? Offered in collaboration with the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines will take your exploration into the world of international sommellerie to the next level.
June 2 to August 15
November 2 to January 10
Course start date
7 weeks part-time (40 h)
Language of instruction
WSET Diploma (WSET)
This advanced training course offers a detailed analysis of the world’s primary wines. Each course includes in-depth tastings, through which students will be able to identify the properties and quality of products.
Program key elements
- Internationally recognized training course for wine professionals, in English
- Part-time program
- Tastings and discovery of world wines
- Experienced and passionate instructors
Improve your tasting techniques and explore new territories!
What you will learn
Tasting, pairing, advising
The ITHQ is one of the only schools in Québec to be authorized to offer the programs of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET®), the world’s largest training organization in the field of wine, spirits and saké.
Program structure and courses
Duration and schedule
- Program starting in the fall and winter of each year
- Spread over 7 weeks on a part-time basis
- Includes a total of 40 hours of classes, offered in the evening
|Winter 2024||From January 31 to March 14 (no classes on February 29 and March 6, 7 and 13)|
Wednesday and Thursdays, from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.
|Fall 2024||Upcoming dates|
Materials and evaluation
- The course materials from WSET® are included in the cost of the course.
- One month prior to the course start date, students are invited to pick up materials from WSET®. It is strongly suggested that you read it before starting the program.
- The final evaluation of this program consists of 2 exams: a short answer and an essay exam and a blind tasting. Exams are held on the last day of class and are marked at the organization’s headquarters in London.
- For more information, please see the official terms and conditions on the WSET® website.
WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines diploma
Admission application periods
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age before the course start date
- Have basic knowledge of the wine industry
- Be fluent in oral and written English
It is strongly suggested that you have completed the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines program or have training deemed equivalent before enrolling in Level 3.
- Birth certificate
- Proof of photo identification (passport or driver’s license)
Costs and financial aid
Use the program fee calculator to find out about the costs of this program.
WSET® Level 3 scholarships
In collaboration with the International Wine Challenge (IWC), WSET® offers students the opportunity to earn a scholarship of up to 20% of their total tuition fees.
To apply for the scholarship you must have successfully completed the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines program and be enrolled in the WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines program.
A career of both purpose and passion
This advanced training course in sommellerie will allow you to hold various positions in the restaurant and wine industry, in Québec or abroad. If you already work in service, it will enable you to better advise your customers and to access sommelier positions with attractive salary prospects. This program is also a gateway to work in private import agencies.
Careers to discover
Admission assistance Need a hand?
or toll-free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5110