Are you looking for an entry-level wine training course? Offered in collaboration with the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines is the perfect introduction to the world of international sommellerie.
June 2 to August 15
November 2 to January 10
Course start date
5 weeks part-time (40 h)
Language of instruction
WSET Diploma (WSET)
This introductory program provides an international overview of wines of the world and will allow you to get acquainted with the techniques of wine tasting, analysis and description.
Program key elements
- Internationally recognized training course, in English
- Part-time program
- Tastings and discovery of the world’s wines
- Experienced and passionate instructors
Take a tour around the world through your wine glass!
What you will learn
Tasting, choosing, pairing
The ITHQ is one of the only schools in Québec to be authorized to offer the programs of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET®), the world’s largest training organization in the field of wine, spirits and saké.
Program structure and courses
Duration and schedule
- Program starting in the fall and winter of each year
- Spread over 5 weeks part-time
- Includes a total of 40 hours of coursework, offered in the evening
|Winter 2024||From February 5 to March 5|
Mondays and Tuesdays, 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.
|Fall 2024||Upcoming dates|
Materials and evaluation
- The course materials for this program are from WSET® and are included in the cost of the course.
- The final assessment for this program is a multiple choice exam provided by WSET®. This exam takes place on the last day of class and is graded at the organization’s headquarters.
- For more information, please see the official terms and conditions on the WSET® website.
WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines diploma
Admission application periods
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age before the course start date
- Have basic knowledge of the wine industry
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Birth certificate
- Proof of photo identification (passport or driver’s license)
Costs and financial aid
Use the program fee calculator to find out about the costs of this program.
Financial aid and scholarships
Looking for financial support for your study project? Find out about the different options available to you.
Your first step in the world of wine
Whether you are already working in the field or are a seasoned connoisseur, this program could be your first step into the world of international sommellerie. Following this program you may choose to continue your apprenticeship with more advanced training and eventually make sommellerie not only your passion, but your profession!
Careers to discover
Admission assistance Need a hand?
or toll-free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5110