Do you have good interpersonal skills and want to work with the public? A career as a customer services consultant in the tourism industry may be just what you’re looking for. The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a customer services consultant
- Ensure reception of customers and answer their questions
- Promote and sell goods and services
- Manage reservations and promotional tools
- Help customers solve problems
Types of positions
Many front-line jobs in the tourism industry are related to customer service. Here are some examples of jobs available in this field:
- Reception and information clerk
- Ticketing clerk
- Sales consultant
- Reservation clerk
- Tourist information clerk
- Travel consultant
Qualities of a customer services consultant
- I love working with the public.
- I like helping people.
- I have good communication skills.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I am patient and empathetic.
- I am bilingual or multilingual.
- I’m resourceful and have a good sense of leadership.
Required experience and training
- You could work part-time in this type of position during your studies or internships.
- Training is not a prerequisite for this position. However, the types of training offered by the ITHQ will give you access to better job opportunities and help you progress in your career faster.