Do you have good interpersonal skills and want to work with the public? Do you love the tourism industry and would like to work abroad? A career as a destination representative may be the perfect opportunity for you. The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a destination representative
- Ensure reception, inform the customers and answer their questions
- Sell goods and services (e.g. guided tours)
- Manage reservations with suppliers
- Ensure customer satisfaction and takes action if necessary
Qualities of a destination representative
- I enjoy being in contact with customers, anticipating their needs and creating pleasant experiences.
- I have good communication skills.
- I adapt well to all kinds of situations and a good capacity to handle stress.
- I am bilingual or multilingual.
- I have excellent interpersonal skills.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I’m resourceful and have a good sense of leadership.
- I’d like a position that would allow me to travel.
Required experience and training
- You need at least 2 years’ experience in sales or customer service before becoming a destination sales representative.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.