Join our Restaurant Team as the Sommelier, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as an AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel.
Fin de semaine
Nombre de postes disponibles
Date limite pour postuler
Description du poste
- Ensure efficient and personalized guest service meeting and exceeding Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards;
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of The Pointe Restaurant Team;
- Guiding guests through available food & beverage (wine/spirits) options, assisting with selections and pairings;
- Stocking, product rotation & quality control for all food & beverage outlets;
- Assist with the planning, organization, direction, and control of Wine & Spirit offerings within The Pointe Restaurant, On The Rocks Bar, Private Bar, Room Service, and Driftwood Cafe;
- Assist the Director of F&B/Sommelier with HR functions such as assisting with hiring, training and development of the Sommelier Team, including regular employee reviews;
- Create and execute tastings and training seminars for the service team, and guests, as directed by the Director of Food & Beverage;
- Support the service team and floor manager while on shift;
- Assist with wine/beverage service for all service periods and outlets including room service;
- Assist Sommelier Team with inventory & cellar management; Control monthly inventory and weekly ordering, assisting in creating, meeting and exceeding all restaurant wine & spirit financial goals and helping to analyze, review, and follow up on these monthly results;
- Maintain cleanliness & organization of storage areas, cellar and fridges;
- Familiarize yourself with the requests of Return Guests and Special Attention guests, to better serve them on the floor and look for opportunities to exceed their expectations;
- Continued education and research on new product within the food & beverage industry;
- Regular team, supervisor, and food & beverage meetings.
Description de l'entreprise
Relais & Chateaux property located on the West Coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Enjoy fine dining, pampering spa treatments and anticipatory service while relaxing at one of Canada's most highly regarded Inn.
- Willingness to learn in a team environment while striving to exceed Relais & Chateaux, AAA 4 & 5 Diamond and Forbes Standards and be constantly challenged to grow within the restaurant team;
- Previous experience both as a server and sommelier in a fine dining restaurant with specific focus on wine and spirit service;
- A professional attitude and an appreciation for detail;
- Thorough knowledge of wine, spirits and other alcohols; extensive knowledge of BC wines and Old World wines a must;
- Self-motivation for continuous education about wines and spirits;
- Professional and positive attitude in every aspect of the position;
- Consistent punctuality and dedication;
- A calm, polite and composed demeanor;
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of The Pointe Restaurant and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole;
- Valid Serving It Right Certification;
- Sommelier Certification Diploma;
- A mutual understanding of your employment duration will be determined during your interview.