Safe and recognized practices to protect the health of your customers
The Hygiene and Food Safety – Food Handlers training course is an asset for any food and restaurant services professional.
This training course, which is offered in French, English and Spanish and leads to a training certificate from the Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation (MAPAQ), will teach you how to identify and prevent health hazards associated with food preparation.
This training course is intended for:
- Kitchen staff
- Maîtres d’hôtel and waiters
- Maintenance and dishwashing staff
- Any person involved in the preparation and handling of food
This training course is specifically designed to enable you to handle hot and cold food in a sanitary manner. It will also teach you to be aware of your responsibility for food contamination and to apply the relevant standards.
- General food quality criteria in relation to the 5 M’s (raw material, method, labour, equipment and environment)
- Main types of micro-organism (useful, harmful, pathogenic)
- Connection between food handling and consumer health
- Mandatory rules for food handling (personal hygiene, cross-contamination, etc.)
- Mandatory rules for preserving food considering its nature (regulatory temperatures)
- Control of hazardous situations
- Hygiene, cleaning and sanitation conditions
- Maintenance of premises and equipment
- Chemical products
- Environmental contamination (maintenance of doors and windows, waste and vermin)
- Essential elements of quality control
- Writing and using data sheets and records
- At the end of the in-person training course, you will take the MAPAQ exam directly.
- Your MAPAQ certificate will be mailed to you within one month of passing your exam.
$130 per person
This training course is also available for private groups. Contact us for more information.
Hygiène et salubrité alimentaires textbook
Duration and dates
Duration and schedule
A full day of 7 hours with a 1 hour lunch break
Sign up to the waiting list belowSubscribe
514-282-5115, option 2
or toll-free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5115