Are you passionate about travelling, discovering new cultures, living experiences and sharing them with others? You could certainly find your happiness in tourism management. Thanks to this training course, you will get all the skills you need to find your place in this innovative, dynamic and growing sector.
Mid-January to March 1
Course start date
3 years full time
Language of instruction
Diploma of College Studies (DCS)
This program focussed on the development of tourism experiences will help you become a versatile professional with a thorough understanding of all industry sectors and the ability to develop, manage and deliver high quality tourist products in Québec as well as internationally.
Program key elements
- Hands-on training that will lead you to develop a thorough understanding of all sectors of the tourism industry
- Three internships, including one in English immersion in Canada
- Action learning in the ITHQ’s travel agency and hotel
- Educational trips
- English enrichment and 3rd language courses
- Experienced and passionate instructors
For a more human, sustainable and smart tourism
What you will learn
Discover, inspire, innovate
Program structure and courses
Duration and schedule
- Program starting every year in the fall
- Spread over 3 years old on a full-time basis (6 course sessions and 2 summer internships)
- Includes a total of 3 325 hours, including 2 310 hours of coursework and 1 015 hours of compulsory internships
- Daytime classes
- Educational outings and practical applications taking place according to variable schedules (day or evening)
- 3-month paid summer internship (390 h) in customer service, in Québec, Canada or abroad, subject to obtaining the required visa
- 4-month paid summer internship (415 h) in English immersion outside Québec
- 6-week unpaid end-of-program internship (210 h) in a tourism business
- Throughout the training course: practical applications in the travel agency, the hotel concierge service, event coordination, restaurant service, etc.
- Development of a tourism project in collaboration with a Québec tourism business (165 h)
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in Techniques de tourisme from the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur
- ITHQ Signature certificate in Techniques de tourisme
If you have a DCS from the ITHQ, you can access the Applied Bachelor in Hospitality and Hotel Management or the Baccalauréat en gestion du tourisme et de l’hôtellerie ITHQ-ESG UQAM and get your university degree in 2 years instead of 3
To benefit from this agreement, you must have a minimum R-score cut-off of 26 and meet all program admission requirements.