Are you passionate about the world of cocktails and spirits and enjoy working with the public? A career behind the bar may be the perfect opportunity for you!
June 2 to August 15
November 2 to January 10
Course start date
2 months part-time (80 h)
Language of instruction
Recognized and appreciated by employers for over 30 years, this training course will give you the keys to a passionate profession. Classic cocktails preparation, stock and customer management, professional attitudes and customer service: thanks to this program, you will learn the necessary rules of the art to become an exceptional bartender.
Program key elements
- ITHQ exclusive training
- Part-time program
- Action learning in the ITHQ bar workshop
- Action Service certificate from Éduc’alcool included in the training
- Experienced and passionate instructors
Negroni, martini, daiquiri… learn all the classics!
What you will learn
Mix, shake, serve
Program structure and courses
Duration and schedule
- Program starting in the fall and winter of each year
- Spread over 8 weeks on a part-time basis
- Includes a total of 80 hours of coursework, offered in the evening
|Winter 2024||From January 22 to March 12|
Mondays and Tuesdays, 6 to 11 p.m.
|Fall 2024||Upcoming dates|
- Professional uniforms (black shirt, black pants, black shoes and black tie, available from the supplier of your choice) must be worn at all times.
- A black apron will be provided by the ITHQ.
- All students must comply to basic rules in regards to professional image.
- ITHQ attestation in Service de bar
- Attestation of completion of the Éduc’alcool Action Service program
Admission application periods
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age before the course start date
- Be fluent in oral and written French
- Birth certificate
- Proof of photo identification (passport or driver’s license)
Costs and financial aid
Use the program fee calculator to find out about the costs of this program.
Financial aid and scholarships
Looking for financial support for your study project? Find out about the different options available to you.
A rewarding and stimulating career
It’s no secret that making a very good living working in the bar industry is possible. With a solid training and experience, you could not only aim for positions in prestigious institutions, but also for international employment opportunities.
Careers to discover
Admission assistance Need a hand?
or toll-free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5110