Are you interested in a career in the tourism industry and would like to move into management positions? Thanks to this training course, you will be able to navigate with ease in two complementary worlds: that of business and that of tourism, hotels and restaurant services.
Until August 1
Until December 1
Course start date
3 years full-time (regular track)
Language of instruction
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
Offered jointly with l’École des sciences de la gestion de l’Université du Québec à Montréal (ESG UQAM), this Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) will allow you to acquire a solid theoretical background in business management as well as in-depth expertise in the tourism, hotel management and restaurant sector.
Program key elements
- ITHQ-ESG UQAM joint program
- Choice between 2 concentrations: Tourism Destination and Organization Management or Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Several tracks available: regular, DCS-B.B.A., co-op and honorary
- Courses offered at UQAM and ITHQ campuses
- Experienced and passionate instructors
Multidisciplinary competences for a booming market!
What you will learn
Strategic vision, adaptability, productivity
Program structure and courses
Duration and schedule
- 90-credit program beginning in the fall and winter of each year
- Offered on a full-time or part-time basis
- 3 years full-time for the regular track (2 years for the DCS-B.B.A. track and 4 years for the co-op track)
- Daytime and evening courses
The hands-on experience you will acquire through this program may vary depending on the track you choose, your career aspirations and your previous industry experience:
One end-of-program activity to be completed from the following:
- a 400-hour paid internship, in Québec or abroad, OR
- a business creation activity, OR
- a research and development or innovation activity.
- 3 paid internships of 540 hours each
Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) from ITHQ and ESG UQAM with a major in Tourism and Hotel Management.
If you have a DCS from the ITHQ, you can access the Baccalauréat en gestion du tourisme et de l’hôtellerie ITHQ-ESG UQAM and get your university degree in 2 years instead of 3.
To benefit from this agreement, you must have a minimum R-score cut-off of 26 and meet all program admission requirements.
Admission application periods
To be eligible for this program, you must meet one of the following conditions:
Based on college studies:
- Have a Diploma of College Studies (DCS), with a minimum R-Score cut-off of 22
Based on academic studies:
- Have successfully completed 5 courses (15 credits) in a Québec university at the time of admission application
- Have a minimum academic average of 2.5 out of 4.3
Based on outside Québec studies:
- Have a proper degree from an institution outside Québec after at least 13 years of schooling or equivalent
- Have a minimum academic average of 11.5 out of 20 (or equivalent)
Based on experience:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have appropriate knowledge
- Have at least 2 years of full-time experience in the tourism, hospitality or restaurant industry, OR
- Have worked in relevant management roles for at least 2 years full-time (3 500 h)
In addition, and in accordance with UQAM’s French language policy, all candidates must be fluent in spoken and written French.
For a list of documents to be included with your admission application, consult the UQAM website.
Costs and financial aid
For all information on program fees, visit the UQAM website.
Financial aid and scholarships
Looking for financial support for your study project? Find out about the different options available to you.
A diploma that opens many doors
If you want to move up the tourism industry ladder, work for large organizations and hold high-level positions, having a university degree is a must.
With this training, you will not only have a business degree in hand, but also the chance to explore and determine what type of position and field resonates with you. Whether it’s in marketing, human resources, sales or operations management, in the fields of accommodation, restaurant services, transportation, travel, events, festivals or business tourism, the possibilities are endless.
Careers to discover
Admission assistance Need a hand?
or toll-free at 1-800-361-5111, ext. 5110