Interested in a career in the field of professional pastry? Learn everything you need to know to become a pastry apprentice or clerk. The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a pastry apprentice
- Make plated desserts, entremets, breads, viennoiseries, chocolates, candies and ice creams, under the supervision of the pastry chef
- May work in a restaurant, hotel, caterer or pastry shop
Qualities of a pastry apprentice
- I’m curious and creative.
- I have good physical stamina.
- I’m precise and meticulous.
- I have a strong sense of aesthetics.
- I like teamwork.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I’m not afraid of atypical working hours.
Required experience and training
- You could work part-time in this type of position during your studies or internships.
- Training is not a prerequisite for this position. However, the types of training offered by the ITHQ will give you access to better job opportunities and help you progress in your career faster.