What do you need to know to become a hotel supervisor? How many years of experience are required to be entrusted with this position? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a hotel supervisor
- Supervise, train and assess team members
- Ensure compliance with hotel standards
- Perform follow-up s and coordinate the different establishment departments
- Meet management objectives
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Assume various administrative tasks
- The hotel supervisor is usually responsible for managing a team of one hotel department: reception, accommodation, housekeeping, restaurant services, banquets and events, sales, etc.
Qualities of a hotel supervisor
- I’m a good team leader and a good communicator.
- I have a strong sense of initiative and leadership.
- I have a good capacity to handle stress.
- I’m versatile and resourceful.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I have strong soft skills (interpersonal skills, honesty, dynamism…).
- I like to be in action and work as part of a team.
Required experience and training
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an operational role is required before accessing a position of supervisor of a specific department.
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.