What are the essential qualities and skills for becoming a good chocolatier? Is training necessary? What level of experience is required to work as a chocolatier? The ITHQ provides you with all the details you need to know about this occupation.
Duties of a chocolatier
- Create various chocolate confectionery products
- Choose recipes, baking methods and products design
- Order ingredients and manages inventory
- Define the operation, management and maintenance of the factory
- Handle packaging and marketing of products
- Handle sales in-house or through distributors
Qualities of a chocolatier
- I’m curious and particularly creative.
- I’m always on the lookout for new trends.
- I have a strong sense of aesthetics.
- I have good manual skills.
- I love trying out new ingredients and recipes.
- I have good physical stamina.
- I have a flair for business.
- I’m thorough and organized.
- I like to work independently, but I’m also at ease in a team.
Required experience and training
- You need between 1 and 5 years’ experience in pastry-making and chocolate-making before becoming a chocolatier
- The number of years of experience required may vary depending on the type of establishment in which you work.