Here are some tips to generate interest in your internship offer:
- The best time to post your internship is in January and February. This is when students are looking for summer internships.
- Salary is also a key factor. Since internships are also a summer job for our students, they rely on this income to save for their rent, groceries, program fees, etc. during the rest of the school year. It is therefore important that your salary be as competitive as possible based on what you can afford and in keeping with similar jobs on the market.
- Don’t hesitate to highlight your business culture. Is your workplace known for its camaraderie and team spirit? Are independence and creativity important values for your team? Mention this in your posting.
- If your internship environment is outside of Montréal, we recommend that you offer accommodation or help finding accommodation. Provided meals are also a benefit worth mentioning.
- When it comes to choosing an internship placement, students consider not just learning opportunities but also the overall experience. Make sure to mention any tourist attractions or interesting activities in the area.
- Work-life balance is an important value for the younger generation. You could mention that the employee’s work week will never exceed 40 hours (if applicable).
- Overall, showcase your assets but be transparent. The goal is not to create false expectations but to find a good match between your needs and those of your intern so that everyone has a positive experience.