Work during and after your program

Subscribe to our newsletter

(French only)

Work during and after your program

During your program

As an international student, you are allowed to work in Quebec during your studies if you meet certain conditions. You are eligible for the types of work described below.

Work at the ITHQ campus
You need to have a valid study permit and be enrolled in a full-time program. However, please note that employment opportunities at the ITHQ are limited.

Work as a paid or unpaid co-op student or intern in Quebec or Canada
Your co-op or internship must be part of your program and you must have a study and work permit as a co-op student or intern from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Work off-campus
Students with a Canadian study permit may work outside the ITHQ for a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular and full-time sessions and full-time during the holidays listed in the school calendar.

After your program

Work permit after you graduate
Students who have obtained a post-secondary diploma or vocational secondary-level diploma from the ITHQ can get work experience in Canada for a maximum of three years. Certain conditions apply.