Prepare your admission
Step 1: Choose your program
Below is some information that will help you understand how the Quebec education system works.
DVS, DCS, BA: What do these mean?
- The Quebec education system has different levels of schooling: elementary, secondary, college (offered by CEGEPs), university and continuing education.
- Higher education—also known as post-secondary education—consists of the CEGEP and university systems.
- The ITHQ offers programs at the following levels: secondary (vocational programs, DVS), CEGEP (technical programs, DCS), university (BA) and continuing education (ACS, AVS).
The ITHQ school year is divided into three sessions:
- Fall (August to December)
- Winter (January to May)
- Summer (May to July)
You are now ready to choose your program!
- Consult the list of programs offered to international students.
- Visit the page for each program to find out their respective eligibility criteria and costs.
- Contact us if you have any questions!
Step 2: Assess your French and English proficiency
Step 3: Prepare your application
- Once you have chosen your program and your language proficiency has been assessed, you must send the ITHQ a complete application.
- You can find the list of documents to send to us on the Admission Form page for your chosen program.
- Candidates under consideration will then be invited to a selection interview done either at the ITHQ or remotely.