General course content:
This level provides detailed analyses of the principal wines and spirits of the world. In each course, students will benefit from in-depth wine tastings, thereby learning to identify product style and quality.
- Introduction to wine tasting techniques including an overview of wine producing regions around the world
- Introduction to the principles of viticulture and vinification
- Analysis of the fortified wines and spirits of the world, including numerous wine tastings
|Topics ||Schedule |
- Wine Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching
- Social Responsibility
- Wine Production
- Light Wines
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified Wines
Mondays and Tuesdays
From November 4 to December 9
Wednesdays and Thursdays
From November 6 to December 11
- Students are provided with the WSET® course material.
- At the orientation evening, students will receive preparatory readings and work to complete prior to the first class. It is therefore important to be in attendance.
- The program includes two exams: one requiring both short and developed written answers, to be corrected in London and accompanied by blind tastings, and one requiring both short and developed written answers, to be corrected by the ITHQ.