General course content:
The content of this level focuses mainly on the key grape varieties and regions of the world. Wine tasting is part of each course.
- Systematic approach to wine tasting, and the basic principles of wine and food pairing
- Instruction in the factors that influence the style, quality and price of wines
- Introduction to the service of wines
- Understanding of the differences between grape varieties and regions
- Introduction to sparkling wines and fortified wines
|Topics ||Schedule |
- Factors Influencing Style
- Grape Varieties
- Key Wine-Producing Regions of the World
- Sparkling Wines
- Sweet Wines and Fortified Wines
- Describing the Characteristics of the Principal Wines of the World
Mondays and Tuesdays
From September 9 to October 8
Wednesdays and Thursdays
From September 11 to October 10
- Students are provided with the WSET® course material.
- Evaluation: WSET® multiple-choice exam, to be corrected in London.