PROFESSIONAL COOKING 5811
Applicants must meet each requirement of their chosen program and provide all required documents. Incomplete or late applications will be considered ineligible.
- Fill out the admission form for international candidates of the Service régional d’admission du Montréal métropolitain (SRAM).
- Pay the new file charge of $85 (non-refundable amount; see Accepted Payment Methods section).
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
Provide the SRAM with the required documents for the review of your application:
- A photocopy of your birth certificate issued by the Office of the Registrar of Civil Status of your country of origin.
- A copy of complete school reports or transcripts (with official French or English translations) for your last two years of secondary school in your country (equivalent to Secondary 4 and 5 in Quebec), as well as the diplomas and certificates that you have obtained.
- A copy of school transcripts for any subsequent year of study, as well as the diplomas and certificates that you have obtained.
- A cover letter that demonstrates your knowledge of your chosen program.
- Provide a copy of your results from your English language test.
- Have a level of English deemed sufficient. The minimum accepted score is 61 for the online test, 175 for the computer-based test, and 500 for the paper test of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The minimum accepted score is 5.5 on the IELTS 9-band scale. You can find more information about this test at www.ielts.org.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
- If you have relevant professional cooking experience, provide the relevant attestations of employment (note that your resume does not count as an official attestation of employment). Attestations of employment must be on company letterhead and include the following information:
- Position held.
- Period of employment (start and end dates).
- Number of work hours accumulated during this period.
- Type of business (hotel, restaurant or other), contact information and employer’s signature.
- Depending on the applicant’s profile, the results of the French-language assessment test.
- All documents must be legible, identical to the originals, and provided in electronic format. Do not send originals.
- Documents that are not in French or English must be accompanied by an official translation in French or English.
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS (SRAM)
- Online payment with Visa or MasterCard
- Certified cheque or money order
- Bank transfer
HOW TO SEND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR SRAM APPLICATION
- Documents accompanying an application must reach the SRAM before the end of the admission period (March 1).
How to send your documents:
- Online (Upload documents submenu)
Need more information?
SRAM admission procedures