Candidates must meet each requirement of their chosen program and provide all required documents. Incomplete or late applications will be considered inadmissible.
After the application process, candidates may be asked to come to a selection interview.
- Fill out the online admission application.
- Submit the documents that the ITHQ requires to review your application
- Pay the new file charge of $35 (non-refundable amount; see Accepted payment methods section).
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
The admissions platform allows you to upload the documents required for the review of your application. You will need to submit the required documents in a digital format (if you cannot submit these documents online, please see other options in the section How to send supporting documents for your application):
- A copy of your birth certificate issued by the Office of the Registrar of Civil Status of your country of origin.
- Candidates born outside Canada must also provide a copy of the front and back of their Canadian citizenship certificate, their permanent resident card, or their Quebec selection certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec or CSQ), as applicable.
- One of the following documents:
- A copy of your most recent secondary or post-secondary transcript (as applicable) issued by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur or the educational institution you attended.
- A copy of your secondary or post-secondary diploma or the equivalent issued by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur.
- A cover letter that demonstrates your knowledge of your chosen program. Please indicate the languages that you fluently speak and that may be useful in your work as a tour guide. Also include any other information that may be relevant to your application (lack of availability on interview dates, work schedule, or any other relevant information).
- All copies provided must be identical to the original and legible (do not send the originals).
- The required documents must be accompanied by an official translation in French or English.
- French is the language of instruction for ITHQ’s programs, with the exception of WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Level 3 Award in Wines (English only), International Sommelier, Montréal Tourist Guide and Advanced Studies in International Hotel Management (bilingual in French and English).
- If required, and depending on your profile, the ITHQ may ask you to take a French language assessment test:
- International French test (TFI), required minimum grade of 750.
- Test for evaluating French (TEF) or “Diplôme d’études en langue françaises” (DELF), Level B2 (both are harmonized with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
- “Test de connaissance du français” (TCF), Level B2 (international students only).
Candidates will not get an acknowledgement of receipt for any documents submitted.
ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS
Online payment only with Visa or MasterCard.
HOW TO SEND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR YOUR APPLICATION
When submitting your application online, upload the required documents in a digital format.
Other accepted submission methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 514-282-5126
ITHQ – Registrar
3535 Saint-Denis Street
Montreal, Quebec H2X 3P1
- In person (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
ITHQ – Registrar
3535 Saint-Denis Street, Office 1.30
Montreal (Sherbrooke Metro)
Need more information?
Toll free in Canada and the United States: 1-800-361-5111, extension 5110
Complete your application now