Why choose the ITHQ?
Always in step with major North American and international trends in tourism, hospitality, food service and wine stewardship, the ITHQ has been the Canadian reference for specialized training in these fields for nearly 50 years. Internationally recognized for program excellence and the professionalism and expertise of its graduates, the ITHQ, like other major international educational institutions, teaches students advanced skills that can be used anywhere in the world.
To study at the ITHQ means choosing:
- Over 20 specialized and enriched study programs developed to industry standards, more than half of which are in a work-study format to provide as much practical experience as possible
- More than 100 professors, most of whom are industry professionals, who are up-to-date with the latest trends
- 16 state-of-the-art kitchens and workshops, including a sensory analysis laboratory
- 6 computer and language laboratories
- A specialized multimedia library
- A 4-star teaching hotel with 42 guest rooms as well as several meeting rooms
- 2 teaching restaurants
- The Centre d’expertise et de recherche, which includes a food chemistry laboratory
- Over a dozen national and international partnerships with renowned hotel establishments including Relais & Châteaux, Fairmont, Sofitel, Starwood, Sandals and others
- The ITHQ Signature diploma, recognized by hospitality and food service industry leaders due to the expertise and experience of our graduates
- Hundreds of prestigious internship locations in over 20 countries around the world
- The only Canadian member school of Hotel Schools of Distinction, a prestigious network of the world's best hotel schools and industry leaders, all of whom are committed to developing talented future professionals
- The only school in Canada whose students are eligible for Accor School of Excellence, a worldwide talent development program for young graduates
- The ITHQ standards of discipline, professionalism and excellence
- Generous scholarships provided by the Fondation de l’ITHQ
To study at the ITHQ means joining:
- More than 11,000 graduates, 83% of whom hold positions relating to their training
- Passionate professionals ready to raise the bar, meet stimulating challenges, achieve success and work with the best their industry offers, here or anywhere in the world
Located in the heart of Montréal, a true cultural hub bridging Europe and North America that offers a thousand opportunities, the ITHQ immerses students in their professional milieu from their first day of training, providing them with significant professional experience even before they they join the job market. Internships, some of which are paid, are included in all of our programs. It's a winning strategy!
To choose the ITHQ means living your passion to the fullest in an environment designed to bring out your best. It's your passport to success!