As a member of Canada's Green Key program, as well as a holder of Bienvenue cyclistes! certification, the Hôtel de l’Institut continually improves its supply procedures in order to provide its guests with top-notch products and services while reducing the negative environmental impacts of its activities.
Overview of our commitment to sustainable development
- Reduce waste at the source (no disposable products)
- Compost residual materials
- Buy local
- Recycle (paper, plastics, glass and metal)
- Greenhouse gas emissions calculation
- Menus based on organic products (available on request)
- Daily recovery of surplus food for Montréal's Maison du Père
An eco-conscious approach to using our meetings and events packages!
- Send your invitations and registration forms by e-mail along with any meeting-related documents.
- If you must print out documents, print on both sides of sheets.
- Print out name tags on recycled paper and recover them after the meeting for reuse or recycling.
- Encourage people to use public transit by providing your guests with practical information such as the nearest Metro station, bus routes to the location, nearby Bixi stations, etc.
- Schedule your meeting so guests can use public transit to travel to and from the location.