Home > Confidentiality


Use of personnal information

The Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information (R.S.Q., chapter A-2.1, section 65) protects the confidentiality of any information provided by students to the Institut de tourisme de d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ) and saved in their record during their studies. This information is used solely for academic records management purposes.

Students who wish to consult their personal record can enquire at the Registrar’s office of the ITHQ.

Release of personal information

The ITHQ is authorized to release personal information required for the management of students’ records and the certification of their studies to the ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport as well as to the service providers of the Registrar’s office and Practical training Department. Upon request and solely for the purposes specified hereafter, the ITHQ may also release names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, dates of birth, courses followed at the ITHQ and students’ statuses to the organizations listed below:

  • Department of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada (CIC) and the ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles of Québec (MICC), for purposes regarding the Practical training Department and off-campus work programmes;
  • Financial aid organizations, for the purpose of identifying and recommending candidates for a scholarship or confirming the status of a student;
  • Government agencies who subsidize the studies of foreign students or who issue student authorization to these students regarding their stay in Québec, for the purpose of confirming their status;
  • Any ministry concerned, for the purpose of confirming the status of a student taking advantage of programmes or measures of the ministère de l’Emploi et de la Solidarité sociale of Québec (MESS).

Except for minors, anyone who objects to the release of personal information must go to the Registrar’s Office to fill out a statement to that effect by the end of the registration period for each semester. For minors, only the parents or guardian are authorized to make such a request.